A whole bunch of Schtuff!
I guess this is coming from all the guilt I’ve been having lately. You know the normal Mommy guilt about not spending enough time with the children. The hazard of being a work-at-home parent is that you end up working in and around your children’s activities that leads to some really late night workload (if I’m lucky) or no sleep at all. I’m not complaining, just tired. So you can imagine how excited I am that Spring Break is here.
But no matter how tired I am, I am still glowing with delight from so many great things happening my way. I've been meaning to write about all this, but time is just not my friend lately. So, my “want to blog about” list has piled up and of course the only remedy to this is just bullet pointing all the “schtuff”. Yes, I know. Sounds just like another lame excuse for not blogging in awhile. But what can I say, life has been great and I just haven’t had the chance to pull away while smelling all the roses. So here it goes...
• I recently took part in the Quaker Go Project along with Chicagonista. Thanks to Danielle and Jessica Braun of Edelman, I was able to experience the greatness of helping and giving through volunteer help. I’m truly inspired. So much so that I am seeking to do more of this kind with Chicagonista. I’m even more inspired that our Chicagonista volunteers want to see and be part of more volunteer work. Click here to read more and check out the video highlights too. And oh yeah, I got mentioned in the RedEye, Chicago Tribune's free daily newspaper. On print! Woohoo!
• Both my boys will be a year older this April. My husband and I still can’t believe how fast it all went. Our firstborn turned 9 and my second boy will be turning 6 next week. I wish there is a way to pause the whole process, but yet we are so excited to see them all grown.
• I did a one on one interview with Jen Schefft for Chicagonista. The Chicagoan Bachelor and Bachelorette Girl. Actually I’ve never even really seen those 2 shows (a little glimpse here and there) so I took some time to do some online research and ask some friends who has seen the show for some insights. We spoke about her upcoming wedding plans and of course Chicago. The interview went well and you can read the article here.
• I’m so excited to have Karyn of TheFabulousGiver.com, Dawn and Tina of GirlfriendCelebrations.com, Farrah of BabyLoveSlings.com and DuPageMamas.com and my other Mommy friends Jolan and Cindy join our writing and support staff in Chicagonista. I am truly blessed to have such talented women in my team. You should check them out!!!
• Also, last and not least --- I’m sending my warm congratulations to Catherine and Farrah on their newly launched site DuPageMamas.com! Two amazing and smart moms that will be rocking DuPage, IL. Hugs to both of you.
If I ever get my mojo going in updating here more often, then you shouldn’t have to endure another bulleted point list. But now that the slate is all clean, blogging should resume in a more regular fashion. But I said “should”, maybe I should say “will” instead.