What do you miss the most before having your child?
There are so many things I wish I could do...But having to do them means I have to worry about what to do with the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love my children (truly, madly, deeply), but I also value my sanity. And salvaging my sanity is getting away from my kids even for just a little while. Just long enough that I can come back and be the "whole" Mommy that I would like to provide them with.
Here are my top 5 of what I miss the most before having kids:
- I miss having to wake up at 2am with my husband and run to some 24 hours pancake shop.
- I miss having to clean my house and not having to pick up the same items off the floor over and over again.
- I miss sitting down with a good book, good wine, and good music to unwind in the evening without having to be interrupted.
- I miss getting calls from my girlfriends, and having to say "allright...I'll meet you there in an hour"
- I miss having to gussy up myself for parties without having to sweat it off anyway because I still have to get the kids ready too.
So, tell me what's in your list?